“We”, “our” or “us” means YOJOS Bakery Limited (“YOJOS”). For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of your personal data. We collect and use your personal data as described below. We are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with data protection law.
If you have any questions about this notice, about how we process personal data or about your rights over your personal data, you can contact us via our contact us page in the first instance.
This notice applies to personal data we receive from customers to process orders, despatch goods, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services, promotional offers and updates to our customer records.
It is important that you take the time to read this notice so that you understand how we will use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is YOJOS Bakery Limited (“YOJO”) of 45 Waterfield Close, Belvedere. Kent. DA17 6LB
Personal data that we collect about you
In order to provide our customers with the best possible experience, we use information we collect about you in a number of ways, including providing the products and services that you have requested, offering you a personalized experience and informing you about our special events and new products, so that we can offer the best possible experience. We will also contact you to notify you that your delivery is on its way or if we have a query about your delivery.
Information you give us
- We use the information about you that you provide to us, including the information that you provide when registering to use sections of our website (such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and any other information or updates to your information that you provide to us when corresponding with us (by phone, e-mail or otherwise).
Information we collect or generate about you
- When you submit information to us, we may use this information to interact with and provide services to you.
- We may also receive information from other sources for the above purposes.
- We may monitor and retain any and all communications (which may include the information received by a third party appointed by us), including facsimilie, email and other electronic communications with you, for the purposes of providing services to you and/or otherwise in order to comply with applicable law.
- We generate data for internal analysis and research
How we use your personal data
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services you request
- to send you updates on your orders
- to allow third parties to provide you with update on the delivery of your order
- to send you marketing and communication information by email, or post, about our new products and services
- to comply with our obligations under applicable law;
- to monitor and improve our websites and services; and/or
- for internal analysis and research.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
(i) where necessary for the purpose of our legitimate business interests, which includes:
- the provision of services to you, including the sending and receipt of communications in relation thereto and/or carrying out obligations arising in connection with processing customer orders;
- compliance with legal and regulatory obligations (including applicable laws, rules and regulations outside of the European Union and requests or requirements of competent authorities);
- contacting you with email updates in relation to services we provide;
- generating data for internal analysis and research (including monitoring and improving our websites and services);
- marketing YOJOS products and services, including event invitations and the sending of newsletters; and
- keeping a record of what individuals are interested in hearing about from us.
(ii) where you have separately consented for us to use your personal data to send you specific email updates and communications (by opting-in to such email updates/ communications).
You have the right to object to processing under (i), and you may cancel your subscription under (ii), at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting the same.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers in the circumstances described below:
- to facilitate the provision of services to you;
- to conduct and/or improve our business development activities;
- to ensure the safety and security of our data (and that of third parties, including data vendors and other data sources); and
- as part of our internal research and statistical analysis activity.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by personnel that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data with third parties:
- to third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services) for the purposes of providing services to us; and
Third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data with third parties (including, without limitation, regulatory, governmental, judicial and other bodies or authorities of competent jurisdiction) to the extent required by applicable law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
How long we keep your personal data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose (for example, to communicate with you in respect of our services for so long as you remain a recipient of such services); and/or
- legal and regulatory obligations – applicable laws, rules or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to store your personal data.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we process your personal data pursuant to our legitimate business interests. Please note that there may be circumstances where you object to our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below. You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep this notice under regular review. Any changes we make to this notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this notice.
YOJOS Bakery Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is 45 Waterfield Close, Belvedere, Kent. DA17 6LB and our company registration number is 08896972.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this notice or personal data that we may hold about you:
You can write to us at YOJOS Bakery Limited, 45 Waterfield Close, Belvedere, Kent. DA17 6LB